Monday, February 9, 2009

New Bloggist

I'm the first to admit that I don't have anything worth starting a blog over, but hope springs eternal, right? And the first step to eternal denial is action. Or something.


When I first heard about the recession, I wasn't too worried because hey - they've never affected me in the past, so why should they now? My only problem is that despite my searching for a month or so for both a part-time job to support myself on now, as well as something full-time to look forward to after graduation in April, I've got nothing. Luckily, I've recently made peace with the idea of living off of my parents for the rest of my life.


So why do I still show up to classes on a day-to-day basis? I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment... or I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I have learned one important lesson from my classes this semester: I never want to be a consultant. Why? Because I don't believe in them. I think they're like witch doctors - you pay them a bunch of money and they wave their magic manicured hand over a company and all of a sudden nothing has changed, but everyone feels better about it.


If you've gotten the idea that I might be a cynic - you're probably right. But I like "realist" better.

3 comments:

  1. SO glad you're unwilling to be a consultant. At least you have some soul left!! Ha ha. Glad you've started a blog. Now if we could just get Steph and Sara to jump on that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The consultants make all the real monies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to make the real monies - they're all immoral and boring.

    ReplyDelete