I love living life in a student ward - it's like life starts over for everyone every four months. It's kind of rejuvenating seeing all of these people constantly experience the cycle of the student. The first week of school, everyone is pretty excited until the realization that there is so much work to be done in such a short period of time and then everyone hits the trough of despair. Pretty soon afterward, students hit their stride and have everything under control and can enjoy life while still acing their classes. Two weeks before finals, there is a heaviness in the air - everyone is hitting their stress threshold and are just hanging on until the blessed release of being done. Finals come and go, and after spending a couple of weeks doing little to nothing, the cycle starts again with the following semester.
It's reassuring to me to be surrounded by the familiar cycle even though I haven't been a student for almost two years because it seems like whenever I move into another phase of my life the past phases become nothing more than dreams - things that happened to another person a long time ago. Living in a student ward gives me the feeling of living in the past and the present, which I'm enjoying greatly since up until now, I've mostly been living for the future. This discourse is at an end.
The student phase is so just a dream for me- every time I got to BYU I get so weirded out thinking about how long ago that was and and how my life is nothing like that any more. It was good times while it lasted though.
ReplyDeleteYou love the weather???? Crazy person! :)