Saturday, June 12, 2010

Everything is the same... until something changes



I found this little guy on my bedroom ceiling a couple of days ago and I can't bear to kill him and am nervous about him getting back in if I let him go, so he's still sitting in a tupperware on my kitchen table. He's pretty, isn't he?

I can just hear my boss in the back of my head laughing and telling me "I told you so!" For about a month now I have done little else besides watch movies and tv shows, day in and day out. Netflix and Hulu have made the fact that I don't have a television receiver irrelevant. Chuck is my daily obsession, and it is rare that a day goes by without me watching at least a part of an episode. I've told my boss about this and she has told me repeatedly not to worry, and that my life wouldn't go on this way indefinitely and that I should enjoy it while it lasts. I haven't watched an episode for two days in a row now, which I guess proves her right.

Yesterday after work I went out to my car in the pouring rain, fully expecting that my car wouldn't start as it had made very odd noises the last two times I had started it. My suspicions proved to be inspired as it failed to start even when hooked up with jumper cables to my coworker's car. Luckily, I had mentioned the possibility of being stranded to my boss and coworker before letting them leave, so I got a ride home from my boss.

After squishing my way inside my apartment (as aforementioned, it was a soggy day) I called my sister Holly to announce my news, and she immediately offered to lend me her "spare" car, which her husband would have taken to work if providence hadn't allowed there not to be enough gas for him to get to work and back. I had been waiting until the last second to do my laundry down the street, and since it wouldn't be very prudent to carry dry clothes home in the rain, Holly came right over with her two children to take me back with her to her house in order to use her laundering facilities and have me take her "spare" car back with me so I can get to church on Sunday.

I'm putting off getting the car towed until Monday since I figure it may be cheaper if done during regular business hours. Ben wants me to tow it to his house so he can try fixing it before I give away my life's savings to a fix-it place. I really haven't even been given a chance to be worried about it, and it seems silly that it even interrupted my Chuck schedule, but there it is.

2 comments:

  1. I love Chuck! That sucks about your car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the bug, yuck! As for the TV watching, enjoy it while you are young and have the time.

    ReplyDelete