Friday, May 28, 2010

Keeping Up Appearances



I am the luckiest girl - just when I thought I have no friends I have a birthday and get the best additions for my apartment. The three highlights I have to admit were a clock, throw pillows, and a poster of Zachary Levi (inside joke). With these exciting new features I have been inspired to get better lighting and to exploit all of the wall space by hanging everything I've got.

Material things aside I've made an exciting discovery lately - I can speak Romanian! I was fairly sure that I had lost it for good when I attempted to speak to a couple people in the aforementioned language and failed embarrassingly. But a few weeks ago an ex-comp of mine started weekly Romanian scripture study with me. I was skeptical on the first try, especially when I tried to read and I didn't even recognize simple words. But the next week I realized that I had slightly improved. And since then I'm remembering all sorts of words I haven't even thought about in years. I feel amazingly blessed to remember the language and to have someone willing to keep me practicing.

Chiar daca nu voi avea o sansa sa merg inapoi la Romania, este o limba frumoasa si ma simt speciala sa cunosc o limba necunoscut de majoritatea lumii. Si stiu ca nu scriu nici vorbesc perfect pe romaneste, dar incerc si asta conteaza.

I don't deserve all of the wonderful things in my life, but I sure do enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand, how can a poster of Zachary Levi be a JOKE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late Birthday! Cu cine studiezi? O idea foarte buna. M-am intalnit cu o doamna romana si a fost o surprisa placuta ca am putut vorbi! Mi-a venit greu cuvinte, dar am putut sa inteleg foarte mult. As dori sa merg inapoi la Romania, dar nu cred ca se va intampla in curand. :(

    ReplyDelete