Sunday, June 3, 2012

Travels in Europe

WARNING: This post is going to be extremely dull. Due to a request made and a promise given I am going to document my travels in Europe (with Rick Steve's voice). I arrived on a Wednesday morning in Frankfurt and we headed to a nearby castle (I think it was Marksburg, but I wouldn't swear to that as I was kind of out of it) straight from the airport. It was beautiful and green and we climbed cheerfully not because the tram was down, but because we are not lazy Americans. Plus, the tram was down. I neglected to take any pictures.
The next morning Joy and I headed to Prague, the city of cheap alcohol (if you listen to Mr. Steves). That first night we walked toward the castle and saw the Dancing House (above) which is architecturally insane. All my pictures were rubbish, so here's one from google.

The next morning we got up early to brave the city's transportation system and obtain the coveted Prague Pass. We found St. Wenceslaus square while getting hopelessly lost.
Basically, this post would be sixteen pages long if I went on in this fashion, so here are a bunch of photos: 




Astronomical Clock

Castle Cathedral

Sisters at the Castle

Changing of the Guard

Joy being a serious guard

What we spent most of our time in Prague doing

Cubist House
Sisters in Old Town Hall Tower
                            

Dvořák's Grave
 
                                                    
The Dalek Metro

Trier Bathhouse

France

Berlin Wall





















































There were so many other things that we did and saw, but there is no way I can recall all of them. Mucha , Flossenburg, Vyšehrad, St. Patrick's Day, Segways, Charles Bridge, Jewish Cemetary, Casemate, and lots of shopping filled my short time in Europe. Happy, Mom?

2 comments:

  1. It was Heidelberg castle. Where is marks burg? Did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up castles near the Frankfurt airport and they all kind of looked the same so I picked one.

    ReplyDelete