Sunday, June 24, 2012
1 Thessalonians 5:18
I bought a new journal a couple of months back and on the cover it says "Give Thanks in all Circumstances". I've been trying (and sometimes succeeding) to make that a mantra in my life. In the spirit of this, I want to thank my neighbors for turning on the outside faucet that caused a pipe to break and flood my bathroom on Saturday because it forced me to perform a deep clean on a bathroom that definitely needed it. I'm a huge fan of putting things off and that water was just the push I needed to make my bathroom nearer to godliness. So thanks. And surprisingly, no - that isn't sarcasm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nae,
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about visits from family. They always push us to do another round of deep Spring cleaning, which, when your chore-doers are all under 8 yrs. old, are ALWAYS needed. In fact, I got to make the kid's bathroom last week "closer to godliness". Maybe we were cleaning on the same day?
Darren
How did I miss your post? Maybe my life has been a little snotty lately or something....anyway, glad it was a needed push :). And glad for changes in your life. Change is good. It makes you grow. Growing hurts sometimes but it's necessary :).
ReplyDelete