Saturday, May 9, 2009

This is the life

Can't say I'm not enjoying living the life of leisure living at my parents' house and sponging off of their wealth. I figure I'll return the favor once I actually start making money and they realize that their retirement isn't worth half of what they put into it. That's what you call irony. Or reciprocity. One of the two.

I am very happy to be in California where my soul soars free with the big blue skies and the only responsibilities I have from day to day are general yard work, cleaning, and making various desserts. I tell you, if I could do this for the rest of my life... well, I'd probably be fat, so it's a good thing that I'll be getting a job soon. Yesterday I applied online to three temp agencies and on Monday I'll be visiting them and convincing them to give me work to do. But helping out around the home is so much more satisfying, don't you think?

It's sad how the older I get, the less interesting my life gets. On my mission, so much would happen in a week that I'd have to flip through my planner in order to remember the important events for my weekly emails. At school, there was remarkably less to write about, but I thought about myself all of the time, thus making it possible to crank out a blog for my loyal followers. But now I find that the things I do are only really interesting to me and would sound completely asinine if I were to share them. But I don't want anyone complaining that they don't know what is going on in my life, and thus you see that I have made an effort to update all of you on the exciting events in Modesto.

Last night I saw the new Star Trek movie and I'm hooked. It's the kind that as soon as you leave the theater you want to turn right around and watch it again. Then again, I really am a closet trekky and thus would probably feel the same way about any of the episodes of the original star trek or the next generation.

As for my love life, which all of you seem to think is your business, it is barely a week since I've met anyone near my age, so calm yourselves down. As many of you know, Hyrum has already chosen a mate for me, but said future mate hasn't realized it yet and is pursuing someone else, so I'll have to be patient. Maybe this post is long enough to discourage any of you from wanting to read my blog ever again and I will be truly free to rant as I wish without regard as to who might be reading. Maybe.

8 comments:

  1. I love you. Simply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the respite, knowing that it won't/can't/shouldn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why on earth should you cater to us in your rantings? I never do. Your blog is for YOU, my dear!! Make it yours. OWN it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, with your rich self are you going to support all of us who will have no retirement? I think that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linnea!! I miss you tons. It's good to hear your voice for a minute on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you're putting off your homework and desperate for ANY type of entertainment when you start to rely on your cousin's blog to keep you satisfied. No, I'm kidding. But I have nothing else to say than to whore out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I ask why the graduation gown is red? I thought we were going for believably fake?

    ReplyDelete