Sunday, September 13, 2009

If not for friends...

Here's that update all of you fans have been anxiously awaiting. I have a job!!! It's not the job of my dreams, nor is it in the field that I hope to go into, but it pays the bills and allows me to slowly pay off my education debt in order to further my education with a master's degree. I have come to realize that I will never get far in the field of HR without a master's degree and thus it has become a permanent part of my plans. I hope at some point prior to reentering the academic world to gain some practical HR experience, but one can't have everything.

I work at depobook, a court reporting agency owned by members, as... well, I guess an executive secretary. I do everything from answering phones, scheduling depositions, scheduling court reporters for those depos, taking orders for products, assembling & packing products to creating invoices to charge attorneys and pay reporters. Forgive me if that leaves me uncertain as to what my job title should rightfully be.

Life is good as I am surrounded by good people who keep me going and keep me spontaneous. Long live YSA!

2 comments:

  1. What I need to know is: when will you have saved up enough monies to come and visit? I need someone to help me be spontaneous and explore stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... according to my pay rate and my expected rate of saving... if I pay only the minimum to my loans... if I ask for time off now... then maybe in a year?

    ReplyDelete