Sunday, March 21, 2010

How can I stand so much happiness?

As some of you may know I've been in all sorts of turmoil for the past few weeks as I applied to a Human Resources Assistant position having only worked at ProBar for a month and some. I knew it would be lame to leave them after so short a period of time, but since the opportunity was literally thrust upon me, I had to go for it.

A million thanks to Arnold Parrott who not only told me to apply for the position, but I am sure actually gave me the edge over the woman that I won out over. Once the selection was down to two they called him for a reference and he told them that I was amazing and that if I ever had any questions I could call him as an HR expert, having been in the field for a long while.

I definitely couldn't have gotten the position on my own merits because I showed up 20 minutes late to the second interview. What?!! That's right - 20 minutes late. I actually took the wrong freeway and ended up getting off a few miles out of the way... Luckily I have been seriously blessed by many prayers offered in my behalf and I am now officially on my way to having a career in HR.

I don't know how or why things have just been working out for me lately, but I'm really happy and I honestly don't know how my life could be any better at this point. I'm really sad about leaving ProBar as they have been a godsend in the way of keeping me in Utah and being such a fun place to work, but they have been really understanding and if they end up needing an HR professional in a few years, maybe I'll just have to head on back.

Yesterday I finally bought a bed (I've been sleeping on Holly's twin air mattress) and got to chat with Joy for the first time in a few months, and it's a beautiful sun-shiny day outside and I've got nothing but good feelings about life and everything in it. I know blogs are much more entertaining when everything is going wrong, but I'm not sorry to disappoint in this case. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

3 comments:

  1. Since when is rejoicing in someone else's happiness boring? LOVE it. LOve the shoes, love the bag, love the hair. Happy you are making so much fun progress!! (Let's be honest--I was just DYING to get my air mattress back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're happy. I'm also astonished that you're like, a real-live grownup now. Weird. I'm not sure my baby sister is allowed to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading happy thoughts. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete