Monday, March 23, 2009

Consulting

I forgot to mention that I figured out the real reason why I never want to do consulting - it's because I have absolutely no knack for that kind of thing. I can't just walk into an institution and tell right away what is wrong with it and what it needs in order to work well. I don't have the confidence I would need in order to tell companies what to do in order to be successful, and actually believe that what I say will in some way be helpful. I've tried being the person who swoops in and gives the great idea that saves the day, but it is invariably not as impressive nor as feasible as I originally thought. Thus, not only do I not want to be a consultant, but I could never be a successful consultant because I would never be worth the fees I would charge.

1 comment:

  1. You could always be a government contractor, then--get paid to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete