Very recently I made a real-life decision (not without consulting my mommy first, of course) about my professional future. Tuesday morning I decided to take the HRCI - an exam that, if passed, will make me a bona fide Professional in Human Resources. I know it sounds lame since no one outside the field has ever heard of it, but it is a legit national certifcation test that I had not planned on taking until Tuesday morning.
I tend to make important decisions very quickly. For instance, I was not planning on going on a mission until suddenly I was and I had to rush to get all of everything done to hit my target. I decided on Tuesday, and the application is due Friday. I finished all of it except the documentation that I'm a student (HUGE discount), so come May or June, I'll be taking the exam.
I bought all of the necessary materials (again, HUGE student discount) and I've got to hope that I don't have a job by graduation or I might not have the time to study. I might not even be within a hundred miles of a testing center! So although I had kinda been hoping that life would work out all peachy keen with a great job before graduation, I really don't mind if that doesn't pan out. Because I have a plan!
It's really funny how I go along in life, jjust having kind of a que sera sera attitude and then all of a sudden I'm kicked in the pants by sudden excitement for some random thing and away I go. Some of you will be shocked and amazed to hear that I have a date on Saturday. Don't get too excited, though - one of my home teachers set it up for me and a friend of his to see the men's chorus performance. Still, it's something that doesn't happen every day, and I thrive on non-monotonous events.
I've been reading a bunch of Orson Scott Card's stuff - especially his short stories - and I gotta say, that dude is seriously talented while simultaneously being seriously messed up. I'm enjoying myself immensely, of course, but his writing is really addictive and I've got a midterm I've got to take this weekend, so he isn't doing me any favors...
I forgot to mention two random things that I just know is TMI, but hey. Number one - did you notice that the title of my blog page is inspired by Card? And number two - guess who is going in for a girly appointment on Thursday! Woo hoo! Just thought you'd like to know.
ReplyDeleteFor surely, that is too much TMI. I'm the same way about authors, I go whole hog and read everything I can get my hands on and then hate them for a while. Ask me how I feel about Austen after finishing her collected works?
ReplyDeleteHey, TMI would be describing WHY you're seeing the girly doc. And that's awesome, that you're taking the exam. Good on ya, and I'm sure that it will lead to something. Plus it's cool that you get to go to a Men's Chorus concert FOR FREE!! Who cares who the dude is? Anyway, have fun and I love ya! While you're at your girly appointment I will be at the San Diego Zoo. Heh heh heh!
ReplyDeleteI found you in cyberspace! How dare you not mention to your sister-in-law that I can read your ramblings in the blogosphere!
ReplyDeleteThis is your Aunt Gay Slade (wife to your dad's brother Brent) who likes to read blogs written by nieces/nephews. I'll be a regular visitor now that I've found you. If you are interested, you can find me at slademomma.net. Welcome to the blogging world!
ReplyDelete