Monday, March 2, 2009

It's a pretty good day

This morning I vowed to get up early because I have so many projects and tests coming due and I've been fairly lazy about getting things done. One thing that I succeeded at this morning was that the second I woke up, I read my scriptures. I've decided to read in the D&C at night and in the BOM in the morning so I get twice as far, even though I haven't read in the morning since the mission.

I was feeling good that I was fulfilling my goals until I heard the doorbell ring, followed by a sharp banging on the door. One thought ran through my head: carpet cleaners. The management had warned us last week via email that they would be coming, but I had completely forgotten. I let them in, and thankfully they needed a few minutes to set up. I rushed through every room, throwing everyone's things on the beds and into the kitchen. After that I jumped in the shower and got ready for school and headed out the door, leaving the cleaners to finish the job.

The good news was that I got to campus in time to try and contact some of the professors recommended to me for help with a consulting project. And then I had time to read and prepare for my classes. I'm sitting in my last class listening to the teacher talk about empowerment and I'm thinking to myself: it's been a good day. I love it when I have no opportunity to waste time.

1 comment: