The three of us (my roommates and I) were utterly bored of Provo and of the cold days and even colder nights, so we headed to Las Vegas this weekend for an adventure on the strip. We got more than we bargained for because we happened to be walking around with a 6'1" blond bombshell who got catcalls everywhere she went. Glad I went. Glad I'm back. Wish I could have taken the weather back with me. The picture is of the Las Vegas temple. I know it's an odd perspective, but I like it.
I've been musing lately on why it is that I have this innate need to know what is going on in the lives of people that I haven't been in contact with lately, and I've come up with a theory. Don't worry, it's completely cheesy-sounding. So - whenever you love someone, you leave part of yourself with them. This means, that no matter how many years you go without contact with an old friend, you will invariably end up wanting to see them and talk to them again. I find myself doing that with people from the mission, old friends from high school, and sometimes random people that I met once on the street. It's like I want to check up on that piece of me that I've left with them and make sure that they're using it well or something. I dunno. The end.
I like that idea. Really cool. The more real part of you you've left with someone, the stronger the sentiment is, I'd say. With your most beloved--family, spouse, children--the feeling is so strong that you feel the need to do it quite regularly if not daily. Which is why I constantly check up on you :).
ReplyDelete